The travel patterns and lane closure periods are now fully established for the Pennsylvania I-95 segment of the Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project.
I-95 motorists traveling through the project area should anticipate the following travel restrictions moving forward on a daily basis:
- I-95 northbound from the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (Exit 49) to the Scudder Falls Bridge – intermittent single-lane travel configurations 10 a.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) daily; two travel lanes will continue to be provided during the peak northbound commuting period (motorists traveling from Pennsylvania to New Jersey) 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. weekdays.
- I-95 southbound from the Scudder Falls Bridge to the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (exit 49) – intermittent single-lane travel configurations 8 p.m. to 2 p.m. (next day) daily; two travel lanes will continue to be provided during the peak southbound commuting period (motorists traveling from New Jersey to Pennsylvania) 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays.
The single-lane patterns along the PA I-95 segment will better enable the project contractor to widen the roadway from two lanes to three lanes over the coming years, one of the major elements of the four-year project. Portions of the highway median are already being excavated for this purposes and traffic along the roadway segment has already been shifted to outside in both directions.
Motorists are urged to allow extra time to reach their destinations when traveling I-95 through the project area regardless of the time of day due to lane closures, traffic shifts, narrowed travel lanes with adjacent concrete construction barriers, and movements of construction equipment. Backups and delays are possible at any time. Motorists should reduce speeds and exercise caution whenever traveling through the various active work zones.
Elsewhere in the project area, the following travel restrictions are anticipated to be implemented during the week of August 13:
- Woodside Road west of Taylorsville Road – Intermittent alternating single-lane travel controlled by flaggers 10 a.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Monday, Aug. 14 through Friday, Aug. 18.
- River Road/Route 32 – Intermittent alternating single-lane travel controlled by flaggers 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Aug. 14 to Friday, Aug. 18.
New Jersey side
- Route 175/River Road in the vicinity of the I-95 overpass – A detour will be set up from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (next day), Monday, Aug. 14, through Thursday, August 17; and single-lane alternating traffic pattern controlled by flaggers 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday, Aug. 14 through Friday, Aug. 18.
Weekends: No work is currently scheduled for Aug. 12-13 or Aug. 19-20.
The scheduled travel restrictions listed above are subject to change due to weather, emergency, traffic, and project mobilization considerations. Motorists are urged to reduce speeds and exercise caution when traveling through active work zones.