EASTON, PA – Various daytime and overnight travel restrictions are scheduled for next week to allow for construction and painting activities for the I-78 Bridges and Approach Slabs Rehabilitation Project now underway along the highway near the Pennsylvania-New Jersey border.
The full schedule of project-related lane closures is as follows:
I-78 Westbound – From the I-78 Toll Bridge to the approach bridge that carries I-78 across PA Route 611 in Pennsylvania
- OVERNIGHT single-lane travel pattern (two of three lanes closed) – 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. (next day) Sunday, July 15, and Monday July 16
I-78 Westbound – Approaching the overpass that carries Edge Road across I-78 in Pohatcong, N.J.
- Lane closure (one of three lanes closed) – 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, July 16
I-78 Westbound – West of the approach bridge across PA Route 611 and continuing into the Morgan Hill Road in Pennsylvania
- OVERNIGHT lane closure (one of three lanes closed) – 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. (next day) Tuesday, July 17, and Wednesday, July 18
I-78 Eastbound – Approaching Exit 3 in New Jersey (Phillipsburg/Routes 22 and 173 interchange)
- Two-lane travel pattern (one of three lanes closed) 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, July 16, to Friday, July 20
- OVERNIGHT single-lane travel pattern (two of three lanes closed) 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. (next day) Monday, July 16, through Friday, July 20
County Route-519 – Below I-78 overpass in Pohatcong, N.J.
- Single-lane alternating pattern controlled by flaggers, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, July 16, to Friday, July 20
The scheduled travel restrictions are subject to change due to weather, emergency, traffic, and project mobilization considerations. Motorists are urged to allow extra time to reach their destinations, to reduce speeds, and to exercise caution when travelling through project work areas.
Project Web Page
For more information on the I-78 Bridges and Approach Slabs Rehabilitation Project, please go to:http://www.drjtbc.org/project/I-78