LOWER MAKEFIELD, PA – The Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project’s travel restrictions schedule for the week of May 3 is as follows:
- I-295 WB (PA-Bound) – Intermittent off-peak single-lane pattern – if needed for construction activities – permitted west of the new Scudder Falls Toll Bridge 7 p.m. to 2 p.m. (next day) Monday, May 4, through Friday, May 8.
- I-295 EB approaching the Scudder Falls Toll Bridge and continuing across the bridge to NJ where the designation becomes I-295 SB – Off-peak intermittent single-lane travel – if needed for construction activities – 10 a.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Monday, May 4, through Friday, May 8.
- Taylorsville Road north of I-295 – Intermittent single-lane patterns with possible flagger-controlled travel 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, May 4, to Friday, May 8.
- Taylorsville Road south of I-295 – Intermittent single-lane patterns with possible flagger-controlled travel 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, May 4, to Friday, May 8
- River Road/PA Route 32 – Possible intermittent traffic stoppages controlled by flaggers 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, May 4, to Friday, May 8.
New Jersey side
- Route 175/Upper River Road – Closed weekdays with thru-traffic detoured in both directions to nearby Route 29 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, May 4, to Friday, May 8.
- Route 29 SB Bypass Lane – An around-the-clock closure with a shift of traffic through the adjoining I-295/Route 29 interchange’s connector ramps and roundabouts for travel toward Trenton and other points south. (CLICK HERE TO VIEW DETOUR MAP)
- I-295 NB (PA-Bound) – Intermittent off-peak single-lane pattern extending onto the new completed upstream span of the Scudder Falls Toll Bridge 7 p.m. to 2 p.m. (next day) Monday, May 4, to Friday, May 8.
- I-295 SB (NJ-Bound) – Intermittent off-peak single-lane pattern permitted 10 a.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Monday, May 4, to Friday, May 8.
- NJ Route 175/River Road Entry Ramp to I-295 SB – 24/7 closure continuing through spring 2021. DETOUR: Use the southern roundabout at the nearby I-295/Route 29 interchange to access the on-ramp for I-295 SB
The aforementioned scheduled travel restrictions are subject to change due to weather, emergencies, traffic, and equipment/materials mobilization. Motorists are urged to allow extra time to reach their destinations, reduce speeds and exercise caution when travelling through project work areas.
Aside from the uninterrupted NJ Route 29 SB bypass lane closure, no project-related lane closures are scheduled for the weekends of May 2-3 and 9-10.
Delaware Canal Towpath (PA side) – Intermittent daytime closures possible 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays for overhead I-295 approach bridge construction through May; open on weekends.
Delaware & Raritan Canal Towpath (NJ side) – Reopens to public use sunrise Saturday, May 2, as per Governor Murphy executive order 13. Intermittent daytime closures possible Mondays through Fridays in May.
More information on the Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project is available at www.scudderfallsbridge.com.