EWING, NJ – The on-ramp to I-295 North from Bear Tavern Road/County Route 579 South will be closed with a posted detour during overnight hours Mondays through Thursdays starting July 30, the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission announced today.
The ramp closure is needed to carry out facets of the 4-1/2-year-long Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project in the vicinity of the I-295/Bear Tavern Road (CR-579) interchange (Exit 75/old exit 2) in Ewing, N.J. Variable message signs have been installed to alert motorists of the approaching overnight ramp closure.
When the on-ramp is closed, the following posted detour (SEE DETOUR MAP HERE) will be in effect:
- Traffic on Bear Tavern Road (CR-579) South that is seeking to access I-295 North will be directed across I-295 to the next traffic light, where a left turn may be made onto the access ramp for I-295 South.
- Motorists are to proceed to the I-295/Scotch Road-County Route 611 interchange (Exit 73/old exit 3) where they are to cross back over I-295 and take the on-ramp to I-295 North.
The full Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project travel restrictions for the week of July 29 are as follows:
New Jersey side
- Bear Tavern Road/CR 579 South ramp to I-295 North – OVERNIGHT full closure 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Monday, July 30, through Thursday, Aug. 2. (Affected motorists are advised to follow the posted detour route — SEE DETOUR MAP HERE)
- I-95 north from the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (Exit 49) to the Scudder Falls Bridge – Intermittent single-lane travel patterns 10 a.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Monday, July 30, through Friday, Aug. 3.
- I-95 south from the Scudder Falls Bridge to the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (exit 49) – Intermittent single-lane travel patterns 8 p.m. to 2 p.m. (next day) Monday, July 30, through Friday, Aug. 3.
- Woodside Road (west of Taylorsville Road to around Clearview Drive) – Right or left lane closures with passage maintained in each direction and/or flagging-controlled travel 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, July 30, to Friday, Aug. 3.
- Taylorsville Road in vicinity of I-95 – Intermittent single-lane patterns with possible flagger-controlled travel 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, July 30, to Friday, Aug. 3.
- River Road/Route 32 – Intermittent alternating single-lane travel with traffic controlled by flaggers 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, July 30, to Friday, Aug. 3.
Weekends: Aside from any carryover of Friday overnight closures into Saturdays, no other travel restrictions are scheduled for the weekends of July 28-29 and Aug. 4-5.
Delaware Canal Towpath on PA side of Scudder Falls Bridge: The towpath for the Delaware Canal in Pennsylvania will be closed through the Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project construction zone (from Woodside Road to the southern project limits) beginning 6 a.m. Monday, July 30, and continuing until 6 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 4. The towpath is expected to have public access only on Sundays through the month of August.
The aforementioned scheduled travel restrictions are subject to change due to weather, emergency, traffic, and equipment/materials mobilization considerations. Motorists are urged to allow extra time to reach their destinations, and to reduce speeds and exercise caution when travelling through project work areas.
More information on the Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project is available at www.scudderfallsbridge.com.