Land-based preparatory work and construction activities related to the Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project will require a series of travel restrictions in New Jersey and Pennsylvania during the week of June 18. The following project-related travel restrictions are scheduled for the 4.4-mile project area:
- I-95 north PA – single-lane travel pattern Rte. 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (Exit 49) to Taylorsville Road/Yardley-New Hope interchange (Exit 51), OFF-Peak, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, June 19 to Friday, June 23.
- I-95 south PA – single-lane travel pattern Taylorsville Road/Yardley-New Hope interchange (Exit 51), OFF-PEAK, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, June 19 to Friday, June 23.
- River Road/Route 32, Lower Makefield, PA – short-term single-lane travel patterns 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, June 19 and Tuesday, June 20.
New Jersey side
- Route 29 south – single-lane pattern at I-95 interchange (Exit 1) 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, June 19 to Friday, June 23.
- Route 175/River Road – alternating single-lane traffic pattern controlled by flaggers daytime and early evenings and full closure in vicinity of I-95 overpass OVERNIGHT, 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) starting Wednesday, June 21 and continuing daily through the weekend into the following week. On-ramp to I-95 will be inaccessible during the overnight closure periods; affected motorists should follow the posted detour routes.
Motorist impacts from these scheduled travel restrictions, if any, are expected to be minor.
The scheduled restrictions are subject to change due to weather, emergency, and traffic considerations. Motorists are urged to reduce speeds and exercise caution when travelling through active work zones.
More information and videos on the bridge replacement project are available at www.scudderfallsbridge.com.